Pitching Drills: Trap Wall Drill
Trap Wall Drill for Pitchers
I. Purpose of Drill
1. To get your form throwing done working on specific mechanics techniques
2. To work on defensive techniques of fielding ground balls and come backers
II. Procedure for drill
1. Pitch 1/2 speed from the dirt area. Isolate specific mechanical points you want to concentrate on.
2. Don’t worry about control, just hit the wall then work on proper fielding techniques.
A. Teaching points:
1. End up in a good follow through position and the glove brought back out in front of body.
2. Field the come backers then organize the feet, crow hop, and feints throws to: 2nd base, 1st, look runner back to 3rd, throw to 1st, etc.
B. 8-10 minutes, 30-40 throws