Pitching Drills: Fielding Bunt
3 in 1 Fielding Bunt Drill
1. To teach correct techniques in fielding bunts
2. Proper throwing techniques, when possible, crow hop when throwing; throw to spots, clear runner
1. 3 pitchers working at same time
2. On command of “go”, pitchers feint a set position throwing motion and follow thru. On the second “go”, all 3 catchers roll balls for good bunt placement.
3. After fielding one bunt, pitcher’s rotate lines.
Techniques: P1 fields bunt on the line, steps back in, throws to 1st. P2 fields bunt at him, crow hops to 2nd. P3 fields bunt, throws to 3rd.
Drill time: 10-12 minutes, indoor or outdoor